Gujarat is known as the Jewel of the West and is renowned for its traditional and cultural life. The state is home to Hindu temples visited by people from around the world every day. Gujarat has so many tourist place that you may not get it covered in any Gujarat tour package.
Gujarat winters are mild and dry. The summers are hot and dry and the monsoon season starts around mid- June.
- Statue of Unity: The Statue of Unity is a monument of Vallabhbhai Patel directly facing the Narmada Dam, near Vadodara in Gujarat. It is the tallest statue of the world at 182m.
- Gir Forest National Park: This wildlife sanctuary was established in 1965 and is renowned as the only home of Asiatic Lions. Some of the typical species of Gir include; Bonelli's Eagle, Hawk-eagle, Brown Fish Owl, Indian Eagle-Owl, Pygmy Woodpecker, Black-headed Oriole, and Indian Pitta.
- Dwarkadhish Temple:The Dwarkadhish temple, also known as the JagatMandir is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Krishna, who is worshipped here by the name Dwarkadhish.It is a five-storied building sitting on 72 pillars.
- Akshardham: It is one of the largest Hindu temples in Gujarat. The temple complex is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan. Renowned for art, architecture, education, exhibitions and research, thousands of people visit here every week.
- Girnar: It is a group of mountains in the Junagadh District of Gujarat. It has five onks popular for their own charm. The First Tonk comes after climb of 2 miles, there is a Digamabar Jain temple and a cave called Rajulmati cave. The Second Tonk comes after approximately 1000 steps where the footprints of Muni Anirudhhkumat and temple of Devi Ambika are saved. The Third Tonk is known for the footprints of Muni Sambukkumar. The Fourth Tonk is known for the footprints of pradhyman kumar-son of lord krishnaand last but not the least the Fifth Tonk is the house of footprints of guru Datatrey.
Gujarat has many popular beaches. The most famous of these is:
- Kutch Mandvi Beach:Mandvi Beach is one of the finest beaches in Gujarat. It is a holiday destination for both travelers and locals. Spend time on the beach or go shopping. Maybe go for a camel ride on the sand!
- Somnath Beach: Somnath beach is silent and calm. People visit here especially for the sunset view. One can enjoy calm beach side relaxation and view here.
Other popular beaches in Gujarat are: Ahmedpur Mandvi Beach, Chorwad Beach, Gopnath Beach, Dwaraka Beach, Nagoa Beach, Ghoghla Beach and Gomtimata Beach.
Water / Adventure Sports
With array of beaches in different parts of Gujarat, there are numerous water sports available such as speed-boat riding, and parasailing. Out of the water, you can go rock climbing, paragliding, or take a jeep-safari in a wildlife sanctuary.
Gujarat has its own kind of a night life to enjoy. People enjoy an evening with Dandiya dance & traditional Gujarati songs. You can also relax and enjoy fine dining with friends and family too.
Gujarat's popularity is also derived from its cuisine, which is loved by every traveller. The traditional Gujarati Thali includes Rotli, Dal or Kadhi, Rice, and Shaak/Sabzi. The famous Gujarati Snacks are: Fafda, Ghanthia, Khakhra and Dhokla, and the popular sweet dishes are Malpua, Basundi, Ghevar, Son Papdi and Gud papdi.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...