Agra is part of the 'golden triangle' along with Delhi and Jaipur. It is best known as the home of the incredible Taj Mahal.
Agra is very hot and moderately humid during the summer months of April to June. Prepare to get wet during the monsoon between July and September.
Experience the rich Mughlai cuisine like butter chicken, kadhaipaneer, malaikofta if you are non-vegetarain. There are many options for vegetarians including; bedhai kachori, bhalla, samosas, golgappas and the popular dalmoth which is a traditional Indian snack from Agra. Last but not the least, petha is a popular Indian sweet made from a type of gourd.
- Taj Mahal: Regarded as the finest example of Mughal architecture, the style of the TajMahal is inspred from Islamic, Persian, Turkish and Indian architecture and is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The story of this iconic monument starts with the Mughal emperor Shah Jahanwho built it in memory of one of his wives; Mumtaz Mahal. Thousands of tourists as well as local people visit the Taj Mahal every day.
- Agra Fort: Agra Fort is another World Heritage site. It has a curved plan, lying parallel to the Yamuna River. Its walls are approximately 70 feet high
- Tomb of I'timad-ud-Daulah: This is a Mughal mausoleum also known as a "jewel box", and the "Baby Taj". The walls are white marble from Rajasthan with semi-precious stone decorations like cornelian, jasper, lapis lazuli, onyx, and topaz.
- Mehtab Bagh: Also known as Moonlight Garden, this is a complement to the Taj Mahal, established on the opposite bank of the Yamuna River.
- Panch Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri: This is also known as 'Badgir', which means wind catcher tower. It is an astonishing structure, with pillars, that originally had net crafting between them.
The City has some clubs and fine dining restaurants with live music / band for evening fun and relaxation.
Keetham Lake is a beautiful lake situated on the outskirts of Agra City. This provides a relaxing option for a day out.
Agra is full of entrainment for everyone. One can visit the Fun Park, Children's Museum, and Zoological Park, and there is lot to explore and enjoy in the City.
Create your own tours, ask experts for assistance...